[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - The Grudge
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2018, 12:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Grudge 
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

Post The Grudge
Let me start this off by saying that I love Horror films. Especially good ones. But I rarely get scared in such films. I've jumped in many flicks (most recently the film "The Forgotten" gave me a few noteable surprises) but it takes a lot to really scare me. slasher films never scare me. Nor do most monster films and ghost films. The Exorcist scared the pants off of me and still creeps me out.
The Grudge scared me. REALLY scared me! No surprise really, considering that the original script was written by a Japanese author. I think it was even the same man that wrote "Ringu"... the original "Ring" book and screenplay. So it had that tinge of Eastern horror that really taps the nerve of fear in most people. The Grude does this in spades! From about 3 minutes into the flick until the end it send shivers down the spine. It made 2 girls in the group that I went to see it with (the only 2 actually) repeatedly cover their eyes and clutch their boyfriends. The cool part of the movie... it made the boyfriends do the same! This is a CREEPY film that uses both the audio track (music and, the best/worst part, sound-effects) and the visuals to go right to those deep dark parts of the human conciousness and freak you out.
This movie is officially my FAVORITE Horror film of all time. I can't go into dark rooms without chacking it out by instinct (or maybe a sense of metapyhsical self-preservation) and sleeping tonight (I just saw the movie) might be in the realm of the difficult. :wink:

This is an A+ movie in my opinion. Anybody that enjoys scary movies should go an watch The Grudge. You might not like it as much as I did but I doubt you'll be dissapointed. :D

~Re

October 28th, 2004, 3:12 am
Profile YIM

Hmm, so the polls are in from my group of friends. And with the exception of the 3 other people I went with the movie is uniformly hated. And considered "lame" and quite "unscary". Not that I can understand the last opinion... the movie's audio track still freaks me out.

But the masses have spoken I guess. The Grudge is deemed a loser by most. But I still loved the film and it is still one of the BEST horror movies I have ever seen.

~Re

November 17th, 2004, 11:51 pm
Profile YIM

Post Blade Trinity
Well, I see no reason to start a new thread that won't ever be seen so I'll just ramble on here. Even though I'm talking about another movie.

SO... Blade Trinity.

Now, I totally love Wesley Snipes! He's an action hero if there ever was one. Rate him WAY over Arnie and Sly! And the first movie was excellent. Blade 2 was okay... not as good as the first one IMHO but still well worth the money I shelled out for seeing it twice.
This movie just did not hit the mark. First of all it has TOO many humans that whoop ass on vampires. And the level of tech that they introduced was WAY over the top and took away from gritty feel of the first two flicks.

And now for the big problem. Who would have EVER believed that the progenitor of ALL vampire kind (Dracula/Dagon/whatever other names they used for him) would turn out to be a total bitch when compared to La Magra or the nasty vamps of Blade 2?! And I doubt they could have gotten a more wooden actor to play the part. Eesh! The pain is amazing!

All in all it wasn't a bad movie. It was Blade after all. :wink: But I'll not spend another $10 to see it at the theaters. It's a "made for DVD" movie in all honesty. It will be better with Directors Commentary and special features. 8)

~Re

December 11th, 2004, 7:49 pm
Profile YIM
Vampress
Vampress

I loved The Grudge! It scared the shit out of me! I was really surprised, because I usually don't get like that from watching a horror movie. Anyway, I know people didn't like it and I can understand that. Throughout the movie they keep switching from past to present and back to the past. It gets a little confusing. Other then that I think it was a great movie. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but for weeks after I had to keep checking the covers. Anyone who has seen the movie knows what I'm talking about. On another note, I really liked Blade 3. It was Blade in all his wonderful glory and I think it was better then Blade 2.

February 19th, 2005, 12:39 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Arch Angel
Arch Angel

I easily get scared. I don't have a clue on why exactly myself, but I know I always regret something about watching horror movies... That's why I won't see The Grudge... In cinema. Heheheh.
The sound in there would totally creep me out, maybe even too much to sleep that night.
I'll maybe rend it and watch in the afternoon... Something like that. But so far, I'm not concidering watching it anywhere else than at home.

About Blade Trinity... I've seen some previews of the movie; looked awesome and cool. Jessica Biel plays in it! :D That one will be rended under my name sometime soon. ;) I've loved the first movie. Second was a bit less... Has been a while again, though. Yet the third seems great. :)

February 19th, 2005, 1:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

February 20th, 2005, 8:22 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]