[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - Why aren't you watching Mythbusters yet?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2018, 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Why aren't you watching Mythbusters yet? 
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post Why aren't you watching Mythbusters yet?
Well? :wink: :D

For those of you who don't know, Mythbusters is the wackiest thing in the universe that The Discovery Channel shows. Basically it's two stunt guys, Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman de-bunking old wives' tales in the most amusing ways. Honestly you don't know what you're missing if you haven't seen this show yet, plus you learn some pretty interesting things in the long run... Like how many times Adam can set himself on fire (or hurt himself) in one episode... :wink: :lol:

Check out the show's website here:

October 13th, 2004, 8:28 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
First Knight of the Odd Republic!
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

I LOVED the episode where they debunked the JATO-car legend. I always thought that idea was insane and couldn't work in practicality like the urban legend. And sure enough... another myth is busted! Of course my favorite is the "pissing on the third rail" experiment! The show is just DAMN cool. And educational too. Don't worry about lightning striking your tongue ring... it won't be happening. And stop worrying about putting tinfoil in the microwave... as long as the foil never touches the sides of the oven (causing an arc that will fry the ionizing gun) all you will get is a pretty blue lightshow. But nothing bad will happen to you or the microwave. GREAT show!

~Re

October 14th, 2004, 10:43 am
Profile YIM
Weirdo Goddess
Weirdo Goddess

Post "Jamie wants big boom."
Yeah, I love that show. They even disproved the cell phone setting off fires at gas pumps. Certain members of my family (not Darlos) believe that is completely true when I kept asking them, "How?" Yet they keep saying they see it in the newspaper... It's a government scam I tell you!! :wink:

It's a great show, Sol laughs his ass off when they blow shit up and Adam sets himself on fire. The new people they've added this season are interesting too, but I still like Jamie and Adam's antics more.

There's nothing like science and destruction! :P :wink: :D

October 14th, 2004, 10:55 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
When I build my new website, you'll see many quotes from Adam on there. ;) I love the random stuff he does/says/wears. I think he needs to make the Adam Savage Aluminum Foil clothing line.

-Sol

October 14th, 2004, 11:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]