[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Weirdo Zone - View topic - Those Who Love Love
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 22nd, 2018, 9:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Those Who Love Love 
Rant Master
Rant Master

Post Those Who Love Love
http://jaibyrd.xepher.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=69

After reading Horus' comments on my picture in this thread, I decided a topic on romantic stuff was in order. For some reason, I have that sort of thing on the brain lately.

When was the first time you ever got that "warm fuzzy feeling"? It was probably when you saw or read something somewhere. For me, the first time was in an SNES game called Illusion of Gaia. That game had some decent romance going on here and there, and I remember feeling that way during a scene after the main character rescues his girl from some sort of enchanted painting in a cave. Ever since then I've been turned on to themes of tender love and romance. Especially young love (lord knows my stories are rampant with it). Maybe because I've sort of missed out on it...

November 21st, 2004, 3:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Rant Master
Rant Master

*thinks* Probably the relationship between Luthien Bedwyr, hero, and Siobhan the Half-Elf in R.A. Salvatore's Crimson Shadow series. That's the first romance in a story I remember reading and appreciating. Current favorite romance is probably the one between Rand al'Thor and Min Farshaw in WoT. God knows Rand needs somebody to keep him from being a cold complete bastard. There are some anime couples that I like better (perhaps you have noticed my signature, Athrun is my new role model on how a man should treat a lady), but anime has a real problem with having firm, well-defined romantic relationships, where WoT does not.

Great men are meteors, destined to burn up the earth

November 24th, 2004, 12:55 am
Profile WWW
First Knight of the Odd Republic!
First Knight of the Odd Republic!

Post Egad!
WOW! Now that's a long way back for me.
*ponders for awhile*
I really think it was back when I was 10 or 11, 4th or 5th grade. I had taken to reading my mom's romance books (Harlequin) for the weird thrill they gave me (pre-pubescent hormones firing I suppose). Anyway, there was a girl that looked strikingly like the female lead (or at least how she was depicted on the cover) in one of my favorite books at the time. So I developed a major crush on her. Being a young-hopeless-romantic I did what I thought would be the "right" thing. Left her a secret admirer card in her "cubby". The best laid plans... :wink: I think you can see where this goes from that statement. She found out later that day (hint... a good secret is NOT told to even a best friend at such tender ages) and my delightful little world came apart at the seams.

"WAIT?!" you might be saying. "I thought this was a story about the 'warm fuzzies'?"

Before school ended that day Jennifer (well, of course it was a Jennifer! that was the 80's for ya!!! :wink: ) came up and thanked me. She thought it was very sweet and all. And she kissed me on the cheek. And THAT gave me that first, true sensation of the "warm fuzzies".

Nothing ever happened with Jennifer. After 6th Grade I never even saw her again. And though I was totally in love with her (as much as any pre-teen can be of course, but at the time it felt total enough and that is all that really matters) I never did anything more about it. We were good firends. That was more than enough for a nerd like me. :wink:

Ya know. I haven't thought about that event, or Jennifer, in years. I'm glad you started this thread D'. :) It's a good memory for me. One I'm quite glad I have had occasion to revisit.

*prayer to the stars* Bless you Jennifer. Wherever you are and whatever you may have done. May Isis see your path is safe and Hathor bless you with all the joy you have earned. Amet.

~Re

November 24th, 2004, 5:01 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]